Sunday, January 29, 2006

Happy Chinese New Year!!

Hey peeps! Happy Chinese New Year to all of you! Its the time of the year where you stay at home and eat all the unhealthy stuff and get a bad sore throat at the end of 4 days. (4 days this year) Not to mention, an increase in blubber mass (at least for me). I better get it off soon.

Wow, this is the first time in three years that I get to spend CNY at home without worries of booking in the next day because I'm out from green hell where everybody wears green and live in a land of green and having loud machines moving next to you. At last.

Oh, there was one thing that kinda surprised my PDP group, for all people who know me, they all know who my PDP tutor is. But but, what really touched my PDP group was that she send us an email at the end of the whole program to encourage us.

Allow me to quote her, "Here is to wish you all a wonderful career in Medicine. Remember that Medicine is a lifelong CALLING not just a job to be done. If you regard this as just a salaried job you will burn out with the heavy work loads. If you are motivated by this calling you will find joy and feel positive even when you are dead tired from work. So if this is what you feel you want to do most then put your hearts into it, don't flinch and don't be discouraged even when it gets tough."

I hope I'll have that attitude in the many years of study and practice, showing genuine care and concern for patients of who come from all different backgrounds.

Gong Xi Fai Cai

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home