Monday, January 23, 2006

Return of the Defunct Theme Park

Man my nose is still acting up today..... and i've been getting a lot of single sneezes..... someone must really be thinking of me haha=p

But anyway while jogging past Haw Par Villa today i realised for the 1st time..... that it's actually open!!! Yeah despite the fact that i ran past that place so many times last sem i only realised today that the park is open=( I always thought that the park was closed down last time due to bad business.... but looks like the place is open again now thx to help from the Singapore Tourism Board(HPV is now one of SG's national heritage sites)

So i decided to go take a walk inside... and man even after so many years, the place still freaks me out man. I remember going there as a kid and taking that water ride thru the "18 levels of Hell" attraction, and how much all those morbid ways of toturing people in hell used to scare me. Of cos, i was pretty surprised that the ride is still open and running now! Too bad i didnt have a dollar with me to take the ride haha......

But man was that place quiet. And i mean quiet. When i walked into the inner parts HPV i was like the only person around. And it was so quiet that when the wind blows you can hear the rustling of the leaves so clearly..... brrrr.........

Well maybe one of these days i might bring my camera along and take some pics of the park....... got some really creepy statues there man=p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home