Wednesday, October 05, 2005

I Started A Joke

I reflected on what I wrote yesterday on the train ride home a while ago and it brought back memories of what I said to some of my closest friends that I had in JC. I guess that friend of mine might have forgotten bout it or perhaps have it swirling around in your subconcious mind. It was about jokers and thier lives.

Jokers bring smiles and laughs to people around them, but have you actually wondered how they actually live thier lives? Think about a handful of them such as Charlie Chaplin and Rowan Atkinson. They bring smiles and laugh to people's lives but then never happy themselves. I would say that they are private persons and mostly melancholy.

I guess that could perhaps apply to us. The reason I like to see people laugh or smile is because I know how bad is to be melancholy all the time. It really suxs, it not as if I never get happy but then its the generally feeling all the time even though I'm there crapping hard. I just like to see my friends happy la...So pardon me if you see me suddenly quieten down and then sit there alone, its just that I feel like to be left alone and think about my life. Its sad, but its just like that.

I'm just a born pessimist and I guess thats the way it is! Well, it may seem damm contradictory to me because I always give people the optimistic point of view but its never good to tell people to die when they really want to, cause life is really long and you have yet to finish walking it. Taking the short cut out really won't help! Ok..crapping now..

Well, I'm just glad that people like me for who I am and hey, no worries to the people out there man...you can still insult me cuz I take it in my stride! haha I just kinda enjoy it la...its just part and parcel of joking and it keeps me going. You happy people never know how lucky u buggers ah..

And...sorry for the emo post..I know u guys hate it..but its just a reflection man..

This is the song by Bee Gees, one of my favourite oldies band. Its great and I hell like this song! Quite relevant I guess. Talk to me still...

I Started A Joke (Bee Gees)
I started a joke, which started the whole world crying,
but I didn't see that the joke was on me, oh no.
I started to cry, which started the whole world laughing,
oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was on me.
I looked at the skies, running my hands over my eyes,
and I fell out of bed, hurting my head from things that I'd said.
Til I finally died, which started the whole world living,
oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was on me.
I looked at the skies, running my hands over my eyes,
and I fell out of bed, hurting my head from things that I'd said. '
Til I finally died, which started the whole world living,
oh, if I'd only seen that the joke was one me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home