Monday, January 30, 2006

Chinese New Year is the time of the year where people are compelled to visit thier relatives and this brings much unhappiness to some people, usually the kids.

Because of this particular reason, I have never visited anybody other than my grandparents, aunts and uncles who live on the same level as I do since Sec 2. Ok, I wouldn't consider visiting relatives who live in the same block as me as special because I see them almost everyday.

What irks me during visits are the comments that relatives make. Being a cynic, I feel that there is always a underlying meaning to whatever thing they say that soundssss so harmless.

1. Wow, thanks, you're so sweet!

Underlying meaning: Thanks for being nice, I think you're being nice to the point that you're geting diabetic

2. Wah, you've grown so big size!

- You're getting fatter than before and you're gonna die damm young!

3. Gong Xi Fa Cai! (said ten times over)

- Gong my ass, I'm gonna use the hammer to 'gong' you to death! Why on earth do you visit me?

4. Hows your studies?

- I hope its worse than my son's / daughter's so I can show off

5. 不要客气

- Don't take too much of my stuff, I got better guest to entertain....


Right, these are just some examples. Pure nonsense.

Enjoy your New Year...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home