Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Eat Less; Study More

Guess this blog's readers haven't seen me post anything in awhile (kudos to my bros Leo and Bo, who've been valiantly keeping this blog alive!), and since Mel's flown off already =(, guess I've time to spend typing out a little something on another dreary medical afternoon.

First off, before I plunge into my topic of discussion, I'd like to openly thank my brothers for taking the effort to get a present and come down to the airport last Saturday evening. Really appreciated your support, especially since it was given so sincerely and without prompting too.

Okie... Just finished another 45min segment of renal physio (crap man, reading it again as though it's new; forgotten 90% of what we were taught). But before you buggers start getting excited and calling me 'mugger', I dragged on my nap for an additional half hour prior to my studies! Which brings me to my T.O.D.: Eat less, study more.

Aside from the immediate physio (everything's related to physio good grief) concern, whereby more energy's devoted to digestion (don't ask me for more, GIT is screwed la) causing one to feel sleepy after a meal, there's another aspect which comes to mind. Some crazy researchers overseas decided to try this test out, seeing how students absorb knowledge on either an empty or satiated stomach.

They found that guys study better on an empty stomach, while girls study better on a satisfied stomach. Guess I forgot about it conveniently when I gorged myself during lunch lol! WAs hell trying to concentrate on work and stop myself from dozing off... Should adhere to what the Okinawans preach: Eat until you're only 80% full. It's healthier than my present diet haha...

Shucks, more than used up my rest time, got to head back to physio... Argh... So stressed...

1 Comments:

At 10:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

testing

 

Post a Comment

<< Home