Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Who Says Studying in The Library Can't be Fun?

Just got back from another day at the library, mentally brain dead (more so than I normally am anyway) so cut me some slack in this posting. I have to admit: I can’t sit still for long, nor do I have the stamina to keep studying. My eyes went bleary during dinner at Dover market today, even now I’m half-looking at the screen and typing by feel haha…

Anyway, I shan’t digress further from my topic for today. Can’t afford to take too long with this, Mel’s calling in a short while! This is a ‘tribute’ to the denizens of the Medical library, whose idiosyncrasies keep an otherwise boring environment from driving me insane. Seriously man… I have to post these pics else people will think I’m just crapping!

It all began yesterday, when Darryl brought a packet of ‘Magic Dust’ to the library. You remember the one we had as kids from those old shops, with a big foot-shaped lollypop and the crackling dust you stuck it in? Well Emily beside him had never tried it before, and Darryl being a gentleman, gave it to her. My gosh… She named her blog ‘emtokalot’ (talk-a lot) and we sure can see why… =P

Maybe it just tasted that good? Nah…

But today… TODAY took the cake man. I couldn’t tell anyone about it. To merely express this astounding happening in words would hardly do the lady involved credence. We’ve talked about making mind-maps, drawing out illustrations to help one remember stuff, and even holding a book in one hand while doing one-handed pushups. I have to say, this tickled my ulnar nerve to the core! Brilliant way to enhance our anat notes Nadia. ;)

Yes, it’s what you think… Colour pencils!!!

Last of all, I must add these individuals in. No matter what they’re up to (mugging in this case), they always spew out enough humorous crap to lighten the day. One of them may be accused of ‘zhong se qing you’, but I still see them as my brothers haha… They’re always there in that same corner of the library, and they're easily found WHEN I’M HUNGRY (thanks lor YP hehe…) to go makan!

Presenting the Tuck Som Bong…

To all those featured, hope you aren’t offended haha… I owe you a very big thank you for making my library experience more memorable. =) And to all those not featured (yet), thank you too! It’s no fun studying alone, and you all make it much, much more bearable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home