Sunday, October 22, 2006

Appreciate

I guess our readers are used to me writing serious stuff everytime I post something on this blog. I guess I'm the resident angst writer. I guess a series of events last week allowed someone to sent a stirrer into my pool of emotional shit and tempted me to start stirring once again making me highly melancholic. Right, not to mention the boring weekends! But, no worries my friends. I'm alright.

Well, I was reflecting a lot the past week and I felt that there are some people in our society that are really under-appreciated. I guess my close peers would know who I am referring to. Yes, I am referring to the cleaners, construction workers, garbage collectors, etc.

Have you wondered, without all these people your toilets will never be clean, your tables in the food courts will never be cleared, your garbage filled up to the brim and having no houses to stay in.

Yet, we discriminate against them. We think that they are dirty, uneducated, uncouth, basically the scum of society. But then think again, would you want to clean the table at the food centre after eating your meal? I mean, why families go to the food court / food centres for meals is that nobody is required to clean up the plates and leftover food later. Imagine having to bring your garbage to the dumping ground yourself, having to put the garbage in your car and then transporting it yourself.

Construction workers? Build the house yourself?? haha...

So, next time when you see them on the buses and trains, they may stink but they do the stuff that you wouldn't want to do. Maybe its only right that you stand up and offer them your seat. Studying is definately easier on your body than working out in the hot sun the whole day. Guys who went thru NS should know that digging holes ain't easy at all.. HAHA

Right..

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home