Sunday, September 18, 2005

Salutations to all! This being my virgin post (both on TSB and on any blog for that matter!), I thought maybe I’d start out with something that personifies who I am, who I want to be, and perhaps most importantly, what the heck I’m gonna write about in future (all ye blog critics cut me some slack k! First time I’m trying my hand at this =P). This here’s a ‘meme’, some new-fangled concept (to me at least) that gets passed on like some ‘cyber-tag’ thingy. Some of it may apply to you; some of it may just be generic, but I hope you’ll enjoy reading it! Here goes…


I’m just the kid…

I’m just the kid who blurred his way through childhood. I’m just the kid who hated school ‘cause he never had friends. I’m just the kid who’d ignore the teacher and do his own thing. I’m just the kid who never studied for exams. I’m just the kid who yearned to be part of something more.

I’m just the kid who’s still learning how to fulfil his potential.

I’m just the kid who stood by his principles and values. I’m just the kid who got slapped by a gangster. I’m just the kid who listened to mum and didn’t hit back. I’m just the kid who lived like a loner. I’m just the kid who came out of his shell for you. I’m just the kid that got swept away but doesn’t regret it.

I’m just the kid who takes it all in his stride.

I’m just the kid who loves food. I’m just the kid who prods you to get a bite with him. I’m just the kid whom you commented ‘always eats two buns a day’. I’m just the kid who teases you bout a killer ass but doesn’t have one himself. I’m just the kid you thought was from ‘84. I’m just the kid who gorged at Chomp Chomp.

I’m just the kid who’s still gorging now.

I’m just the kid who pushes your buttons during lectures. I’m just the kid who loves playing the misogynistic bugger with the motor mouth from hell. I’m just the kid you said that ‘drives too fast and doesn’t signal’. I’m just the kid who tells lame jokes. I’m just the kid who read your hearts right first time.

I’m just the kid who finds reading body language a hobby.

I’m just the kid who drives you back when you’re sick. I’m just the kid who snaps stupid shots using his phone. I’m just the kid who snores in the library. I’m just the kid who croaked alongside you for busking. I’m just the kid who ‘sexed-it-up’ at K-box.

I’m just the kid who is comfortable around you.

I’m just the kid who liked you but smoked you for all it’s worth. I’m just the kid who gives up sleep if you want to talk. I’m just the kid who looked forward to book-outs to play pool with you. I’m just the kid who’s outlook you made more light-hearted. I’m just the kid who wanted your attention but didn’t know how to get it.

I’m just the kid who treasures it now that he has it.

I’m just the kid who’s been playing in pool parlours since he was 13. I’m just the kid who walked in to his first R(A) show when he was only 16. I’m just the kid who doesn’t give a damn for the rules if it is pointlessly restrictive. I’m just the kid who hates clubbing but somehow got yanked as chaperone. I’m just the kid you puked on while he lugged your drunken carcass home.

I’m just the kid who cannot appreciate his parents enough for trusting him with such liberty.

I’m just the kid who wrapped his dogs in towels for warmth when it rained. I’m just the kid who cried alone in his bunk when he learnt one of them died. I’m just the kid who used NS to escape from it all. I’m just the kid who realised how wrong I was. I’m just the kid who won’t speak of sadness in public.

I’m just the kid who doesn’t want to get hurt.

I’m just the kid who lives life to its fullest. I’m just the kid who doesn’t look back. I’m just the kid who is determined to retain his ideals. I’m just the kid who hopes you all will to. I’m just the kid who is grateful for all the friendships he has now. I’m just the kid who wants you to know he’s got your back whether you know it or not.

I’m that kid. Who are you?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home